Cape Town North,
+27 21 422 5048
0 - 0
• The effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
• Contributing to the automation of the System Administration procedures participating in scripting tasks and maintenance activities
• Perform System software administration including log extraction, investigation and packages installation.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
• Train, guide and advise users in the appropriate and efficient use of the IT infrastructure.
• Control and verify system backups and file archiving.
• Undertake other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility.
• Suitable B.Sc. or B.Tech Degree in Information Systems/ Computing/Engineering.
• A minimum of four (4) years’ experience as a Systems Administrator including expertise in Enterprise Linux/Unix System Administration and maintenance with proficiency in the use of RedHat , Debian and Ubuntu Linux distributions.
• Have a thorough understanding of TCP/IP networking, architecture, security and core technologies (DNS, DHCP, SMTP, Kerberos, LDAP).
• Proficient in programming and software development in Python, Ruby, Rails, Shell and database queries.
The following experience will be an advantage:
• Familiar with automatic deployment systems like Puppet, Chef, Foreman and Spacewalk.
• KVM/Libvirt and Docker.
• Distributed/clustered storage. You will be working on the Ceph cluster storage platform with capacities of several 100’s of TB
• Open AFS.
• Experience of high availability database solutions.
• Experience in Microsoft Windows Server.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Customer service, support orientated and a good communicator.
• Good time management and documentation skills.
• Usage of a ticketing system
• Ability to work under pressure and deadline driven.
Cape Town - Perm/Temp Recruitment