Cape Town CBD,
+27 21 422 5048
0 - 0
Planning, Analyzing, Evaluating
• Develop workable budgets, media, content and editorial plans and realistic timetables.
• Creation of marketing recommendations, strategies and actions for the client.
• Review, analyse and evaluate what is relative to the client’s needs and objectives
• Provide updates/ reports on a regular basis
• Defining project scope
• Manage clients and internal personnel’s needs and expectations.
• Determine project risks on an ongoing basis, escalate issues as needed.
• Employ a variety of research techniques to understand, analyse, and provide insight to each campaign or project
• Manage the day-to-day execution of social media messaging.
• Create regular blog posts based on industry and company related events, news, reviews etc
• Creating presentations re strategies and marketing ideas for campaigns and social media pages to clients as well as management
Team Leading, Coordinating, Managing
• Provide leadership within the social media team and monitor work scope against all variables.
• Monitor all strategic activity on assigned projects and communicate status of each project to appropriate internal personnel and the client
• Presenting content and social media strategy deliverables to clients
• Monitoring and enforcing project constraints (schedule / scope / resources)
• Mentor and provide training to communication and management professionals throughout the organization on best practices for creating, managing, monitoring, and developing content for social networks
• Growth of Social Department and mentoring new members of the team as it grows.
Strategy and Content Development
• Be a Content Creator
• Competitive site analysis and benchmarking in content breadth, organisation and presentation.
• Creating development plans for online content
• Selecting and evaluating content; developing site content matrix.
• Developing content attributes and classification schemes (content models)
• Content development and editorial calendar planning
• Initiate and lead all appropriate social media project meetings.
• Conduct online media, influencer & partnership outreach.
• Assist in the execution of on-going content for clients
• Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Advertising or Business preferred.
• Grade 12
• 5+ years relevant experience
• Demonstrated experience and a passion for the social technology universe (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Foursquare, Flickr, blogs, wikis, RSS, social bookmarking, discussion forums and community software)
• Advantageous - Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms including but not limited to Omniture, Facebook Insights, YouTube Insights, Google Analytics, HootSuite, TweetDeck, and Social Mention.
• Experience with creating and identifying quality social media content related to the client – must be industry relevant
• Experience developing and launching email and text messaging campaigns preferred
• Forecasting, budgeting and pacing, campaign creation and optimization
• Demonstrate strategic insight
• Deadline driven and ability to juggle several assignments simultaneously
• Experience with Adobe Design Suite CS4 or CS5 (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash)
Cape Town - Perm/Temp Recruitment